CBSE Class 12 English Core Sample Paper 2013 (14)
CBSE English Core Sample Paper for Class 12 CBSE exams for CBSE Students. Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. The students should practice these Question Papers to gain perfection which will help him to get more marks in CBSE examination. Please refer to more CBSE Class 12 question papers in other links. The CBSE Question papers are of past examinations. Its always recommended by CBSE to practice the papers released by CBSE to get better exams in CBSE exams. CBSE Last Year Question Papers for class 12 for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education for all CBSE affiliated schools in India and abroad.
Code No. - 301
CLASS XII (2012-13)
Reading unseen Passages and Note-making 20 Marks 40 Periods
Two unseen passages with a variety of questions including 03 marks for vocabulary such as word formation and inferring meaning and 05 marks for note-making. The total length of the two passages will be between 950-1200 words. The passages will include two of the following:
(a) Factual Passages e.g. instructions, descriptions, reports.
(b) Discursive passage involving opinion e.g. argumentative, persuasive or interpretative text.
(c) Literary passage e.g. extract from fiction, drama, poetry, essay or biography
1. A passage to test reading comprehension. The passage can be literary, factual or discursive.
2. A shorter passage of 350-500 words for note-making and abstraction.
Advanced Writing Skills:
3. One out of two short compositions of not more than 50 words each e.g. advertisement and notices, designing or drafting posters, writing formal and informal invitations and replies.
4. A report or a factual description based on verbal input provided
5.Writing one out of two letters based on verbal input. Letter types include:
(a) business or official letters (for making enquiries, registering complaints, asking for and giving information, placing orders and sending replies):
(b) letters to the editor (giving suggestions on an issue)
(c)application for a job
6. One out of two compositions based on visual and/or verbal input (150-200 words). Output may be descriptive or argumentative in nature such as an article, or a speech.
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 12 English Core Sample Paper 2013 (14)