CBSE Class 9 Science SA1 Sample Paper 2014 (1)
CBSE Science SA1 Sample Paper for Class 9 CBSE exams for CBSE Students. Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. The students should practice these Question Papers to gain perfection which will help him to get more marks in CBSE examination. Please refer to more CBSE Class 9 question papers in other links. The CBSE Question papers are prepared based on trend in past examinations and expected questions in CBSE exams. Its always recommended by CBSE to practice the papers released by CBSE to get better exams in CBSE exams. CBSE Last Year Question Papers for class 9 for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education for all CBSE affiliated schools in India and abroad. Please refer to more CBSE Class lX sample papers, question papers, HOTs etc in other links.
KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SANGATHAN
Summative Assessment – I (SA 1 - Term I )
CLASS : IX
a. The question paper comprises of two sections A and B, you are to attempt both the sections.
b. All questions are compulsory.
c. There is no overall choice. However internal choice has been provided in all the three questions of five marks category. Only one option in each question is to be attempted.
d. Questions from 1 to 3 in section A are one mark questions these are to be answered in one word or a sentence.
e. Questions from 4 to 7 in section A are Two marks questions. These are to be answered in about 30 word each.
f. Questions from 8 to 19 in section A are Three marks questions These are to be answered in about 50 word each.
g. Questions from 20 to 24 in section A carry five marks questions. These are to be answered in 70 words each.
h. Questions from 25 to 42 in section B are multiple choice questions based on practical skills. Each question is one mark question. You are to select one most appropriate response out of the four provided to you.
SECTION – A
1. A substance has a definite volume but no definite shape. State whether this substance is a solid, liquid or a gas
2. What is the resultant force of a number of balanced forces acting on body?
3. Name the plastids which have chlorophyll .
4. State the difference between homogeneous & heterogeneous mixture . Give one example of each.
5. What is the relation between the mass and the weight of the body ? What are the differences between the two ?
6. State two differences between a mitochondria and plastid.
7. Mention the significance of meristems in plants.
8. Give reasons :
a) A sponge can be pressed easily; still it is called a solid.
b) Water vapours have more energy than water at same temperature.
c) Naphthalene balls disappear with time without leaving any solid.
9. What is meant by concentration of a solution. Calculate the concentration of a solution which contains 12 g of urea in 160 g of solution
10. Which of the following has more inertia & Why ?
a) A rubber ball and a stone of the same size .
b) A bicycle and a train.
11. Two similar trucks are moving with a same velocity on a road. One of them is loaded while the other is empty. Which of the two will require a larger force to stop it?
12. Consider two bodies A and B. The body B is heavier than A. Which of the bodies is attracted with a greater force by earth? Which of the two will fall with greater acceleration? Explain.
13. Show that if a body is taken to a height H above the earth’s surface acceleration due to gravity is decreased by the factor R2 /(R+H)2 ,Where R is the radius of the earth.
14. State the ways in which phloem is functionally different from Xylem.
15. Draw a neat diagram of a section of Phloem and label four parts.
16. Give one important functional difference amongst the muscle tissues and draw a labeled diagram of the muscle tissue which never shows fatigue.
17. Which cell organelle would you associate with elimination of old and worn out cells & Why?
18. Which two factors bring about loss of food grains during storage? Give one example each. State any two control measures to be taken before grains are stored.
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 9 Science SA1 Sample Paper 2014 (1)