Conduct of Class-IX March 2010 Examination under Summative Assessment-II
The scheme is in operation in all CBSE affiliated schools in Class IX w.e.f. Oct. 2009 i.e. the second term. Under this two Formative Assessments and one Summative Assessment is to be done. The schools have done / are already doing Formative Assessments during the second term, and Summative Assessment for this term is to be conducted now.
Under this end term Summative Assessment-II, the students will be tested internally based on the following criteria:-
a) Syllabus and Examination Question Paper Design in different subjects for Class IX Summative Assessment II will be the same as circulated by the Board earlier. The same is also available on CBSE website www.cbse.nic.in under CCE corner.
b) The Summative assessment will be in the form of a pen-paper test conducted by the schools themselves.
c) In order to ensure standardization and to ensure uniformity, the Question Paper Banks in different subjects are being sent by the Board to schools in February 2010.
d) In order to cater to the difference in the pace at which students respond to questions, schools will give flexible timing to students for attempting the question papers. This may vary from 3 to 3½ hours.
e) Evaluation of answer scripts will be done by the school teachers themselves on the basis of the Marking Scheme provided by the Board.
f) There will be random verification of the assessment procedures carried out by schools by the Board officials/nominees appointed by the Board.
It has been decided to provide question paper banks for English Communicative, English Language & Literature, Hindi-A, Hindi-B, Mathematics, Science, Social Science, Communicative Sanskrit. In respect of other subjects/languages, the schools will administer their own question paper based on the sample question paper available on the CBSE’s website, and intimated earlier.
In view of the above, the Board will be sending eight CDs. Each CD will contain a number of question papers and one of the question papers is allotted to your school. For this purpose, the Board would supply a password either through SMS or E-mail or telephonically. We plan to dispatch the CDs containing question papers to all schools so as to reach by 20th February and immediately afterwards the password would be made available to the school.Every school may design its own date sheet for Class-IX examination accordingly. Detailed modalities for operation of CDs are annexed. 5.
The schools would take out the print of the allotted question paper after receiving the password in each subject. Thereafter, the required number of prints/copies, may be made at the school level. These question papers must be kept carefully. The schools should conduct the examination in all subjects for Class IX using these question papers between last week of February to last week of March 2010.
The marking scheme is being sent to every school separately and will reach the schools well in time.
The answer books should be evaluated by the teachers of your school as per the marking scheme containing value points for each question in every question paper.
KINDLY NOTE THAT ANSWER BOOKS OF CLASS – IX SHOULD NOT BE SENT TO THE BOARD UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
It may be noted again that the question papers for Class-IX have been designed by the Board and are being sent to schools with the purpose of maintaining uniformity and standardization. Depending upon the feedback and suggestions from the stakeholders, the Board will have a re-look at this policy in future, if need be.
Operational Modalities for CD’s
1. The CD sent to a school will have three types of files viz one file of instructions for operation of CD, one file of Acrobat Reader Software and several files of Question Papers Banks. With the help of Acrobat Reader Software you would be able to open the file of question paper allotted to your school. If your computer doesn’t have Acrobat Reader Software the same could be downloaded from the CD.
2. The files of question paper banks would be in PDF format and out of these various PDF files, one file is allotted to your school. You will be informed its file name as well as password either through SMS on the mobile number of the Principal of the School or through e-mail or telephonically.
3. In case of non-receipt of file name and password or receipt of incomplete file Name and Password or the difficulty in opening the CD, you may make contact call center on 09811677150.
4. For opening the file, you would be asked to enter the password in the box.
5. Once the file is opened, double click on allotted PDF file.
6. File will open and you can read and takeout the print of the question paper.
7. While taking out the print, please ensure that the print is complete in all respects.
8. The school should make sufficient photocopies of question papers and these must be kept carefully.
9. In case there are large numbers of candidates appearing in the examination, the schools may get sufficient question papers printed under the supervision of a responsible person of the school.
10. There are a few schools for which Mobile Numbers / E-mail Id/ telephone numbers are not available as per our records. In such cases, password would be sent by post.
11. You are requested to go through the above instructions very carefully and conduct the examinations in a fair and smooth manner.
12. The modalities for operating CDs will also be available with the CDs being sent later.
READ MORE ABOUT THIS TOPIC