CBSE Class 12 Biology - Principles of Inheritance and Variation
CBSE Basic Concepts and Assignment for Class XII Biology - Principles of Inheritance and Variation . Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. The students should read these basic concepts to gain perfection which will help him to get more marks in CBSE examination.
VSA (1 MARK)
1. Give any two reasons for the selection of pea plants by Mendel for his experiments.
2. Name any one plant that shows the phenomenon of incomplete dominance during the inheritance of its flower colour.
3. Name the base change and the amino acid change, responsible for sickle cell anaemia.
4. Name the disorder with the following chromosome complement.
(i) 22 pairs of autosomes + X X Y
(ii) 22 pairs of autosomes + 21st chromosome + XY.
5. A haemophilic man marries a normal homozygous woman. What is the probability that their daughter will be haemophilic?
6. A test is performed to know whether the given plant is homozygous dominant or heterozygous. Name the test and phenotypic ratio of this test for a monohybrid cross.
SA-II (2 MARKS)
7. Identify the sex of organism as male or female in which the sex chromosome are found as
(i) ZW in bird (ii) XY in Drosophila (iii) ZZ in birds. (iv) XO in grasshopper.
8. Mention two differences between Turners syndrome and Klinefelters syndome.
9. The human male never passes on the gene for haemophilia to his son. Why is it so?
10. Mention four reasons why Drosophila was chosen by Morgan for his experiments in genetics.
11. Differentiate between point mutation and frameshift mutations.
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 12 Biology - Principles of Inheritance and Variation